Essay on Human Geo Ch. 12-13
Chapter 12 Services
1) The attraction of the call center industry to locate in India can best be explained by
A) low wages and wide use of English.
B) low wages and geographic situational factors.
C) wide use of English and the large number of working students.
D) Indian students' ability to work at night and geographic situational factors.
E) none of the above.
2) Which services constitute up to two-thirds of GDP in MDCs?
D) the combination of all three of the above
E) none of the above
3) Which of the following is considered to be an original hearth of urban settlement?
B) …show more content…
23) The city-state is an example of
A) an early form of urban settlement.
B) a state dominated by its major city.
C) a functional region.
D) a local government of the Roman Empire.
E) diffuse political functions.
24) Which of the following is not primarily a consumer service?
A) professional services
B) retail services
C) education services
D) health services
E) hospitality services
25) Business services provide what kind of services?
A) diffusion and distribution of services
B) services to businesses
C) services for the wellbeing of individuals
D) security and protection
E) product sales
26) The area surrounding a service from which customers are attracted is the
27) The maximum distance people are willing to travel for a service is
28) The minimum number of people needed to support a service is
29) According to the range concept of Central Place Theory, people should be willing to travel far distances for a(n) ________ and only willing to travel short distances for ________.
A) championship sporting event; a cup of coffee
B) flight out of an airport; groceries
C) wedding; a