How To Sleep Deprivation Essay
Sleep deprivation is something that occurs when you do not get enough sleep. Sleeping is one of the basic needs we have as humans along with eating and drinking. Sleeping is an essential part of good health throughout your life. The amount of sleep needed varies from person to person most adults on average are said to need at least seven hours of sleep in order to feel well rested and function properly throughout their day.
Side effects of sleep deprivation
Sleep deprivation can cause considerable amounts of damage to the body in a short period of time. It can eventually lead to health problems that will negatively impact your life. According to “healthline.com” while you are sleeping, your body is busy tending to …show more content…
According to “Everyday Health” Research suggests that sleep disturbances such as insomnia are rooted in certain medical conditions. Other known causes of sleep disturbance include:
• Depression: Most people with depression will experience trouble sleeping. Depression and sleep problems go hand and hand.
• Diabetes: Diabetic tend to have trouble sleeping due to high blood sugars and the need to urinate frequently
• Asthma: Those with asthma will often have sleep disturbances due to breathing difficulties, coughing or wheezing.
Sometimes falling asleep may seem like an impossible task however; we have more control over our sleeping patterns than we might think. Researchers have identified a variety of practices and habits known as “sleep hygiene” that can help people maximize the hours they spend sleeping (healthysleep.med.havard.edu). A few sleep hygiene tips include:
• Avoiding Caffeine and other Chemicals- As caffeine is a stimulant that can keep you awake it is best to avoid caffeine and other chemicals that will increase awakenings.
• Turn your Bedroom into a Sleep Environment- A quiet and dark environment helps promote sound slumber.
• Go to Sleep when you are truly