a. How do I toilet train my child?
There's no fixed age at which children are ready to start learning how to use the potty, but some develop the necessary physical and cognitive skills between 18 - 36 months of age.
Before 12 months of age, children can't control their bladder or bowel movements, and some toddlers who show many signs of readiness still are physically unable to control elimination.
Timing is key to successful potty training. Before you begin, make sure your child is ready eg shows interest in potty ,follows directions, tells if he needs to pee/poo, stays dry longer, has coordination, can sit still for some time, dislikes feeling of dirty diaper and shows independence
b. What do I do about my child’s Cranky Behavior? …show more content…
Some tips to avoid cranky behavior:
• Watch for triggers like boredom, hunger, frustration due to inability to do something, lack of attention. When he is trying to do something, try to show him how to do it as a facilitator rather than doing it for him or redirect him to easier activities.
• Watch out for pre-tantrum symptoms such as facial expressions and body language and come to help immediately before tantrums get started.
• Tantrums are of two types – “frustration tantrums” need empathy and “manipulative tantrums” needs firm disciplining.
• Communicate about reasons for your action
• If a child is angry, try not to do the same thing. If you have low anger tolerance, walk away from the scene, take deep breaths, count to ten, gather your thoughts and react calmly. Remember, it is just a passing phase and normal for his age and will probably disappear by the time the child is 18 months to 2 year old.