Healthy Essay: The Importance Of Apples
This adage was widely spread to most nations. Nearly 150 years later, its power to make people love apples is still quoted. So, then, the proverb would not be as popular as of today if it does not really have value at all.
The role of an apple in contributing to health improvement
1. One medium-sized apple contains 20 mg of vitamin C, 4 grams of dietary fiber, 5g of carbohydrates and low calories. Vitamin C boosts the immune system; dietary fiber adds bulk to a diet; low …show more content…
Apples are effective treatment to common skin diseases like itching and wrinkle.
With all these benefits you can get from eating apples, you can lead a healthier life but it does not mean that you will no longer need a doctor. It is because eating apple cannot prevent you from getting sick.
Apples can cause several and even serious ailments when consumed in excess. Here are few important things to know about apples.
1. Since an apple is rich in carbohydrates, fiber and other nutrients, it will prevent the body from burning the fat when it is excessively consumed. If this happens, the blood sugar level will go high. It may not instantly increase the blood sugar levels but it is a warning that should not be ignored.
2. An apple still has calories and contains high content of fructose – a natural sugar present to all fruits. Too much fructose is too much. Too much sugar can damage the skin. Consuming more than three apples a day can lead to weight gain, and several serious health conditions such as diabetes and heart diseases.
3. Apples are acidic. While it is true that it can kill bacteria thriving in the mouth, however, it can damage tooth enamel.
4. Too much intake of apple juice may cause diarrhea for as it contains sorbitol – a chemical that produces water into the