Essay on Guidelines For Working With Children And Their Families
1. Model in the classroom that all students matter and that differences are what make people special.
2. Be friendly and welcoming towards all students and their families.
3. Remember to understand that parents might experience a learning curve when dealing with new experiences or materials.
4. Encourage families to participate in class volunteer times and be engaged in their children’s learning.
5. Allow parents to feel comfortable enough to reach out and ask any questions that are on their minds.
6. Remember that each student is different and that not every method or instructional tactic will work the same for each student.
7. Remember that not all families have the same means of time, money, or values.
8. Encourage parents to discuss their lives and their children’s lives with me.
9. Make sure that all students feel safe and comfortable in the classroom.
10. Allow the students to form healthy relationships and bonds with me.
11. Remember that the child’s safety is the first priority.
12. Encourage students to get involved in school and community programs.
13. Get students to realize that their community is important and that the world is made up of many different communities.
14. Remember to never set a negative light onto a parent’s or child’s positive experience or viewpoint.
Guideline: Encourage families to participate in class volunteer times and be engaged in their children’s learning.