Essay on Good
1. What is Karim's job?
He is a people smuggler. He gets people out of Afghanistan.
2. To what country do Amir and his father first seek for safety from Afghanistan?
They head to Pakistan for safety.
3. What country has a presence in Afghanistan as Amir and his father leave?
Russian soldiers are in Afghanistan during this time.
4. At the first checkpoint Amir's father stands up and confronts the Russian soldiers, putting himself in danger. Why?
One of the Russian soldiers wants to rape an Afghan woman on the bus.
5. Where do Amir and his father wait with the others trying to leave Afghanistan as new truck parts are ordered?
They wait crammed into a cold, dark basement with rats running around.
6. …show more content…
He buys a bus so they can go to garage sales and load up on cheap stuff to sell for a profit at the flea market.
12. What does Amir have a hard time forgetting about after leaving the flea market?
He can't forget a beautiful girl he met, Soraya Taheri.
1. What harm can come from Amir talking to Soraya without the formal permission and supervision from her father?
Everyone would gossip about her and equate her to being "easy" for talking to him.
2. What does Soraya's mother think of Amir's talking to her daughter without permission?
She adores Amir and has no problem with them talking to each other. She hopes he will fall for her daughter and be a suitor for her.
3. What does Soraya want to do with her life?
She wants to be a teacher even though her mother and father would prefer her to be a doctor or lawyer.
4. Compare and contrast how Amir and Soraya treated their illiterate servants when they were young.
Amir would make fun of Hassan for not knowing what words meant and would play games with him when reading so he would feel dumb. Soraya took great pleasure in teaching her servant to read and write so she could communicate with her sister.
5. What does General Taheri catch Amir giving to Soraya?
The General catches Amir giving Soraya one of the short stories he wrote.
6. What does Amir find out about Baba's health?
His father has Oat Cell Carcinoma, an