Gay Marriage Is Wrong Essay

1645 Words 7 Pages
Register to read the introduction… In fact, children of lesbian mothers alone are an unsettling 10 times more likely to be touched or sexually abused by a parent. Having gay parents also makes it less likely for the child to be employed full time, and they are four times more likely to be on welfare or other assisted living (TFP). Children are more prone to psychological disorders, such as depression or anxiety, by having two of the same parent. This would mainly be because of bullying and harassment issues in social circumstances (TFP). It is not just raising children that have people against it; it is also going against the traditional values of …show more content…
Marriage is said to be between a man and a woman, with their primary objective being to create a stable learning environment for their offspring through Holy Matrimony. A homosexual couple’s primary objective is to satisfy their needs to join in a union which is sterile by nature, with no intention of reproduction. If a child has two dads or moms, he may not respect women/men as much, or grow up to be gay himself. (TFP) Civil unions and gay marriage also pave the way for a ‘Sexual …show more content…
The economic consultant of New York City estimated that by legalizing same-sex marriage and providing them proper benefits, the city and state’s economy would increase by $142 million and $184 million respectively, in a three year span (“Gay Marriage”). That’s enough money to build nine more Fenway Parks. If state governments take a closer look at the numbers, civil unions will have a chance to get their benefits provided. Another big factor in legalizing gay marriages is the opinion of the American public. In recent years, studies have shown an increase in favor of gay marriage legalization. 57% of registered American voters admitted to being pro-gay marriage, while the remaining 43% stood against it. This is a major difference than just 13 years prior; when the data stated only 34% of all Americans were pro-gay marriage (Gay Marriage). As shown in Image 1, gay marriage has come a long way. Because of the attention this controversial topic has been getting, more and more Americans are getting involved with

Related Documents