Game Theory Essay
• Learn how individuals contribute to teamwork
• Experience some of the features of group work and teamwork
• Understand what managers and organizational developers do to transform
• groups into teams
• Articulate the tangible benefits (both quantitative and qualitative) of
• high-performing teams
• Finish with an interest in learning more about these concepts and
• techniques to apply what you learn
Background: For this assignment, you will plan and play a game with your family or friends, or at work based on the idea of the classic prisoner's dilemma. If you have had a class on game theory, you will be well aware of this …show more content…
Note that team performance can be observed in how well the team coordinates their interdependencies, works efficiently, communicates, and accomplishes their mission. Consequently, as you implement your game, assess your players based on these factors and the informal roles they play.
After you have played the game, reflect on the personality assessments your participants took, and then consider how they planned and played the game.
Write a (5- 10) page analysis to address the following questions:
1. How well did the personality assessments reflect in the behaviors participants displayed during the game?
2. What do these assessments tell us about how we perceive ourselves versus how others perceive us?
3. What informal roles did participants assume during the game, and were they different from the planning portion from the playing portion of the exercise?
4. What did I learn about myself? For example, did the exercise show that you have characteristic ways of relating to others that are distinctive, or similar, to those the others? Did the exercise show that in a particular type of situation you acted in