Essay on Food Stimulates The Acid And Pepsinogen Of The Stomach
2. LES plays a role in GERD given that reduced LES pressure allows the gastric acid and intestinal contents to reflux into the esophagus. LES pressure is affected by pregnancy, oral contraceptive use, and menstrual cycle.
3. Long-term complications of GERD include esophageal cancer, Barrett’s esophagus, and esophagitis.
4. H. Pylori is a gram-negative bacteria that’s resistant to the acidic medium of the stomach.
5. GERD symptoms include heartburn, belching, esophageal spasm and gastric secretions. Krishna Gupta has dyspepsia (indigestion) that in the past year has become more and more prominent. Dyspepsia can overlap with GERD.
6. Endoscopy a procedure used to examine a person’s digestive tract. Barium esophagram an inspection of the esophagus.
7. Krishna Gupta’s lifestyle risk factors include no regular exercise, alcohol consumption. Medical factors include mild obesity, a family history of CAD and high cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Nutritional factors include high fat and high sugar diet, high fast food consumption…