Food Groups Activity 5- Growing Mold ! Essay examples
Standards: K.1 The student will demonstrate an understanding of scientific reasoning, logic, and the nature of science by planning and conducting investigations in which f) observations and predictions are made for an unseen member in a sequence of objects; g) a question is developed and predictions are made from one or more observations; h) observations are recorded; j) unusual or unexpected results in an activity are recognized.
Taken from the VA Kindergarten Curriculum Framework found at: http://www.doe.virginia.gov/testing/sol/standards_doc/english/index.shtml.
Identify Key Objectives:
• The students will examine what happens when different foods are exposed to air and water.
• The students will discover and report what happens to the different foods when they are exposed to air and water.
Identify Materials Needed:
• Classroom Book Bag (parent instructions, white drawing paper (two columns labeled “Molds Fast” and “Molds Slow”), crayons, a pencil, scissors, glue, and a magazine)
• Clear containers with lids for food (3)
• Different foods (bread (white and wheat), cheese, and strawberries)
• My McDonalds Food Experiment (Cheeseburger and French Fries)
• Spray Bottle (for water)
• The book Bread and Jam for Frances by R. Hoban
Identify Instructional Procedures: