First Day Off College Case Study
- On the first day of college I had so many different emotions running through me. I felt excited, nervous and anxious I think I had some anxiety kick in as well.
2. Why did you feel this way?
- ¬ I believe I felt this way because I didn’t want to be late to class, nor go to the wrong class. I also was nervous about other people in my class rather or not I would have a big class or a smaller sized class, which I would prefer a smaller class. I also hoped that some of my friends would possibly be in the same classes as me.
1. Why have you decided to attend college?
- College for me was a no brainer. I knew that I needed to further my education and I wanted to be in a great career …show more content…
Why are you attending the college you’re enrolled in now?
- The college I am attending right now is so much more affordable than the college I was attending before. I know that when I am finished with school here at Thomas Nelson Community College I will not be buried in as much debt as I would be for other colleges.
To succeed in college, what do you think you’ll have to do differently from what you’ve done in the past?
- To succeed in college I will have to focus on my schoolwork more than anything else. I have limited time to do the criteria that needs to be done for class and I will have to stay ahead of my readings and note taking in order to keep up with class, because we don’t get all the notes handed to us like we did in high school. I will also have to go to every class when I possibly can I cant take the chances of not going to class and getting behind on school work and …show more content…
1. How do you think college will be different from high school?
- College will be different because I will have to learn to manage my time with other things that I have going on in my life. I will have to manage my own study skills and note taking as well. I will also be accountable for my own class attendance.
2. What do you think it will take to be successful in college?
- Time management is the main success to college. I know that I will have focus on my studies more than I did in high school because in high school teachers spoon-fed us students while in college we will have to do a lot of the schoolwork on our own.
3. How well do you expect to do in your first term of college?
- I expect to do well in my first term of college only because I know the slopes and swings to time management although I am still learning time management. I know that I will I be able to take better notes and I will know how to study more efficiently.
How are you going to make sure you have the time needed to study in college?
- I am going to make sure I have the time needed to study in college by staying ahead in class and not falling behind. I will take notes over the lecture and my textbook. I will have the time I need to study in college by setting my priorities straight and making sure I am well prepared for my classes that I will have to study