College Experience Analysis
- On the first day of college I had so many different emotions running through me. I felt excited, nervous and anxious I think I had some anxiety kick in as well.
2. Why did you feel this way?
- ¬ I believe I felt this way because I didn’t want to be late to class, nor go to the wrong class. I also was nervous about other people in my class rather or not I would have a big class or a smaller sized class, which I would prefer a smaller class. I also hoped that some of my friends would possibly be in the same classes as me.
1. Why have you decided to attend college?
- College for me was a no brainer. I knew that I needed to further my education and I wanted to be in a great career …show more content…
1. What are the differences between college and High school?
- College and High School have many complete differences. College is based on your own time where you have to manage your own school work on your own schedule, so if you work, play sports and have many other classes to balance you have to fit the schoolwork in where it works best for you, where High School you have an agenda everyday and have a plan for a whole entire week. You have no interruptions during the school day so you can focus on schoolwork. High school you will have the same classes every single day and college classes will be every other day.
2. What tools do you have that will help you success in college? Explain.
- College gives you many tools to succeed and some people don’t even realize it. All over campus there are tutors to help with subjects that some people struggle in. Another helpful tool that play a big impact in success is your syllabus. The syllabus is so important, this gives you deadlines, grading criteria, office hours and the class schedule as well.
Which differences were you most unaware of or most surprise to see? (snapshot …show more content…
I was surprised because High school was supposed to prepare you for college and it happens to be a lot different than what we were prepared for. College is a lot more in depth to the school work other than high school give you the basics. I never knew how to expect college in terms of studying and note taking.
1. How do you think college will be different from high school?
- College will be different because I will have to learn to manage my time with other things that I have going on in my life. I will have to manage my own study skills and note taking as well. I will also be accountable for my own class attendance.
2. What do you think it will take to be successful in college?
- Time management is the main success to college. I know that I will have focus on my studies more than I did in high school because in high school teachers spoon-fed us students while in college we will have to do a lot of the schoolwork on our own.
3. How well do you expect to do in your first term of college?
- I expect to do well in my first term of college only because I know the slopes and swings to time management although I am still learning time management. I know that I will I be able to take better notes and I will know how to study more