Essay about Fire Safety Code of the Philippines
Fourteenth CongressSecond Regular Session Begun and held in Metro Manila, on Monday, the twenty-eight day of July, two thousand eight.
Republic Act No. 9514
(Approved by PGMA on December 19, 2008)
AN ACT ESTABLISHING A COMPREHENSIVE FIRE CODE OF THE PHILIPPINES, REPEALINGPRESIDENTIAL DECREE NO. 1185 AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the Philippines in Congress assembled:
This Act shall be known as the
Revised Fire Code of the Philippines of 2008
It is the policy of the State to ensure public safety and promote economic developmentthrough the prevention and suppression of …show more content…
- A fire resistive door prescribed for openings in fire separationwalls or partitions.
- Any condition or act which increases or may cause an increase inthe probability of the occurrence of fire, or which may obstruct,delay, hinder or interfere with fire fighting operations and thesafeguarding of life and property.
- The portion of a roadway or publicway that should be kept openedand unobstructed at all times for the expedient operation of firefighting units.
Fire Protective and Fire Safety Device
- Any device intended for the protection of buildings or persons toinclude but not limited to built-in protection system such assprinklers and other automatic extinguishing system, detectors for heat, smoke and combustion products and other warning systemcomponents, personal protective equipment such as fire blankets,helmets, fire suits, gloves and other garments that may be put onor worn by persons to protect themselves during fire.
Fire Safety Constructions
- Refers to design and installation of walls, barriers, doors,windows, vents, means of egress, etc. integral to andincorporated into a building or structure in order to minimizedanger to life from fire, smoke, fumes or panic before the buildingis evacuated. These features are also designed to achieve,among others, safe and rapid evacuation of