Exercise 11 and 16 Essay
Grand Canyon University
Complete Exercises 11 and 16 in Statistics for Health Care Research: A Practical Workbook, and submit as directed by the instructor (e.g., as a Microsoft Word document in the LoudCloud classroom).
In order to receive full credit on calculated answers, please show your work. (Use Word's equation editors, etc., and/or provide a short written description as to how you obtained the final result.)
Exercise 11 (4 points per question)
1. What demographic variables were measured at least at the interval level of measurement?
Age, Income, Length of labor, Return to work, and Number of hours working per week.
2. What statistics were used to describe the length of labor in this study? Were …show more content…
Exercise 16 (4 points per question)
1. The researchers analyzed the data they collected as though it were at what level of measurement? (Change your response to blue.)
2. What was the mean posttest empowerment score for the control group?
The mean posttest empowerment score for the control group is 97.12
3. Compare the mean baseline and posttest depression scores of the experimental group. Was this an expected finding? Provide a rationale for your answer.
The mean baseline depression score for the experimental group is 14.00 and the post test score depression score for the experimental group is 13.36. I would expect to see a lower score for the experimental group, as it is the group that is being used to determine if the rate of depression was to decrease after intervention group for those in the study.
4. Compare the mean baseline and posttest depression scores of the control group. Do these scores strengthen or weaken the validity of the