1) Match each term with the correct definition (15 points)
A group of commands that enable you to bring data from an Access database, from the web, from a text file, or from an XML file into Excel without repeatedly copying the data.
Correct answer Get External Data
Link to external data that automatically updates an Excel workbook from the original data whenever the original data source gets new information.
Correct answer Data connection
All the categories of data pertaining to one database item such as a person, place, thing, event, or idea, stored in a horizontal row in a database.
Correct answer Record
Information that describes a record and is stored in columns.
Correct …show more content…
Correct answer CONCATENATE
A function that returns the specified number of characters from the end of a string of characters. Correct answer RIGHT
A process of restricting records through the use of criteria conditions that displays records that answer a question about the data.
Correct answer Query
An organized collection of data related to a particular topic or purpose.
Correct answer Database
Facts about people, events, things, or ideas.
Correct answer Data
A predefined formula that performs calculations by using specific values, called arguments.
Correct answer Functions
The arrangement of arguments in a function.
Correct answer Syntax
A group of three, four, or five small graphic images that make your data visually easier to interpret. Correct answer Icon sets
An image of an active window on your computer that you can insert into a worksheet.
Correct answer Screenshot
2) Bringing data in from an external data source is known as: (1 point)
Correct answer Importing
3) This is stored in columns and contains a specific type of data such as name, employee number, or social security number. (1 …show more content…
Correct answer Delimited
9) A function that removes extra blank spaces from a string of characters. (1 point)
Correct answer TRIM
10) An Excel feature that predicts how to alter data based upon the pattern you enter into the cell at the beginning of the column. (1 point)
Correct answer Flash Fill
11) The values that an Excel function uses to perform calculations or operations. (1 point)
Correct answer Arguments
12) A database function that adds a column of values in a database that is limited by criteria set for one or more cells. (1 point)
Correct answer DSUM
13) The use of two or more conditions on the same row—all of which must be met for the records to be included in the results. (1 point) Correct answer Compound criteria
14) A database function that determines the number of occurrences of a specified condition in a database. (1 point)
Correct answer DCOUNT
15) Formatting characteristics that are applied to cells when the value in the cell meets a specified condition are called: (1 point)
Correct answer Conditional formats
16) In Excel, you can insert an image of an open window called a: (1