Short Terms Goals (One Year)
Meetings – Meetings will be conducted with all seven directors every Wednesday for one hour or as time allows to discuss:
• department Issues and how we can overcome those issues with the resources we currently have.
• update all directors with new information …show more content…
Given morale is low and production has been declining the necessary approach in turning these issues around will be to set a base line for production capabilities in each department, generate accountability driven requirements for every position along with clear expectations, and determine acceptable reward/counseling programs for success and failures. All goals will be specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time bound (Conlow, 2001)in order to promote successful goal completion and build moral.
Long Term Goals (2-10 years)
Keeping in mind Toyota’s mission statement, the only way to attract and attain customers with high valued products and services (Toyota) is to ensure the highest quality control internally. In order to align our services with the vision of Toyota, to be the most successful and respected car company in America, is to exceed expectations of our customers in quality control.
• Maintain 100 percent quality control rating in the department within five years
• Establish moral boosting events annually to promote employee engagement
• Develop a comprehensive training plan and implement within two years
• Implement an assembly line quality control procedure within five years
• Initiate a tool replacement and calibration program within two …show more content…
I will expect the same from every director within reason. As the VP of quality control the directors will be my daily eyes and ears into operations and problems. They will also be a large factor in mitigating problems and concerns brought to me by you or themselves. My goal will be to draw valuable information from everyone within the department to streamline every aspect of quality control. As a department we will evaluate and incorporate as many department processes to help consume less paper and speed up the quality control documentation