English Thesis Essay
Princess Dyann P. Valle
Boracay is a small island in the Philippines located approximately 315 km south of Manila and 2 km off the northwest tip of Panay Island in the Western Visayas region of the Philippines. Boracay Island and its beaches have received awards from numerous travel publications and agencies. The island comprises the barangays of Manoc-Manoc, Balabag, and Yapak municipality of Malay, province of Aklan. The island is administered by the Philippine Tourism Authority and the provincial government of Aklan. Apart from its white sand beaches, Boracay is …show more content…
1. To the tourism industry – This will help the tourism industry promote the Boracay Beach Resort’s tourism.
2. To the local tourists – This will serve as a guide to the local tourists that plan to have a trip to Boracay Beach Resort.
3. To the foreign tourists – This study will serve as an inducement for them to visit and stay in Boracay Beach Resort.
Scope and Limitation of the Study:
This study about Boracay Beach Resorts focuses in the attribute of the said tourist attraction. Also, it focuses in the contribution of Boracay Beach Resort in the tourism industry and economy of the Philippines. Then, it also include the activities that the tourists can experience in the said tourist destination.
Definition of Terms: The researcher would like to clarify some terminologies:
1. Boracay Beach Resort - The Boracay Beach Resort is located at the heart of Boracay Island -- midway along White Beach between Boat Station 1 and the island's newest center, D'Mall.
2. Local Tourists – A local tourist is someone visiting interesting sites in his own area.
3. Foreign Tourists - A person visiting a country other than the one in which he or she usually resides and staying for a period of time.
4. Tourism industry - is the industry that focuses on the operation and implementation of the above components of service industries