Employment and Business Environment Essay
Unit 1: Principles of personal responsibilities and working in a business environment
Section 1 – Know the employment rights and responsibilities of the employee and employer
1. Identify four main points that would be included in a contract of employment. If possible, use an example contract to support your answer (feel free to obscure any confidential information).
2a) List three key points of legislation that affect employers in a business environment.
2b) List three key points of legislation that affect employees in a business environment.
3. Identify a range of places where a person can find information on …show more content…
Methods of communication
2. Using two specific examples, explain how to choose the most appropriate method of communication to meet your needs and the needs of others.
3. Describe at least two ways of actively listening.
Section 4 – Understand how to work with and support colleagues
1. Explain the purpose of agreeing standards for your own work. Give at least two reasons.
2. Explain the purpose of taking on new challenges and being able to adapt to change at work.
3. Explain the purpose of treating others with honesty and consideration.
Section 5 – Know how to plan own work and be accountable to others
1. Explain the purpose of meeting work standards and deadlines when completing tasks in a business environment.
2. Describe two different methods that you can use to plan your own work in a business environment.
3. Describe ways of keeping other people informed about progress and compare their effectiveness. What are the benefits and drawbacks of each approach?
Section 6 – Understand the purpose of improving own performance in a business