Eco 365 Essay
School of Business
ECO/365 Version 4
Principles of Microeconomics
Copyright © 2011, 2008, 2007, 2006 by University of Phoenix. All rights reserved.
This course provides students with the basic theories, concepts, terminology, and uses of microeconomics. Students learn practical applications for microeconomics in their personal and professional lives through assimilation of fundamental concepts and analysis of actual economic events.
Faculty and students/learners will be held responsible for understanding and adhering to all policies contained within the following two documents:
• University policies: You must be logged into the student website to view this …show more content…
Reading Read Ch. 19W of Economics. 8-5-2013
Reading Read Ch. 20 of Economics. 8-5-2013
Participation Participate in class discussion. 8-5-2013 2
Supply and Demand Simulation Complete the Supply and Demand Simulation located on the student website.
Write 700 - 1,050-word paper of no more than summarizing the content. Address the following:
• Identify two microeconomics and two macroeconomics principles or concepts from the simulation. Explain why you have categorized these principles or concepts as macroeconomic or microeconomic.
• Identify at least one shift of the supply curve and one shift of the demand curve in the simulation. What causes the shifts?
• For each shift, analyze how it would affect the equilibrium price, quantity, and decision making.
• How may you apply what you learned about supply and demand from the simulation to your workplace or your understanding of a real-world product with which you are familiar?
• How do the concepts of microeconomics help you understand the factors that affect shifts in supply and demand on the equilibrium price and quantity?
• How do the concepts of macroeconomics help you understand the factors that affect shifts in supply and demand on the equilibrium price and quantity?
• Relating to the simulation, explain how the price elasticity of demand affects a consumer’s purchasing and the firm’s pricing strategy.
Format your paper consistent with APA…