Upon knowing that dogs can eat bananas, it is also important for you to know that bananas cannot and will never replace what your dog really needs like a high quality meat-based dog-formulated diet. Hence, it is better to limite bananas for snacks only.
What are the nutrients that the dogs can get from bananas? Since bananas are one of the healthy fruits that we humans and dogs can enjoy, it is definitely full of nutrients such as vitamins and minerals. These vitamins and minerals that bananas can give to your dogs and us alike …show more content…
Manganese will help control your dog’s blood sugar and improve skin integrity too. On top of that, low level of manganese in animals is found to cause poor bone formation, hence, manganese intake is needed for your dogs to maintain strong bones.
• Magnesium. Just like potassium, magnesium will help keep the blood pressure of your dog in normal range as much as it has calming effects too.
• Vitamin B6. Vitamin B6 has anti-inflammatory properties which can help prevent cardiovascular diseases and diabetes. It also helps improve over-all cell formation and protects your dog from infection.
• Vitamin C. This particular vitamin helps boost your dog’s immune system. It also plays a significant role in preventing certain conditions such as cancer, cardiovascular diseases, cataracts, age-related macular degeneration and even those common colds that your pet dog might suffer from.
• Fiber. Fiber has a lot of benefits for your dog as it lowers cholesterol levels, control blood sugar and helps in maintaining normal body weight.
Bananas for dogs and its benefits
Can dogs have bananas and get a lot of benefits too? Of course! Aside from the nutrients that dogs can get from bananas, here are other benefits that the fruit can give to your favorite …show more content…
Medium to large sized dogs can be given half of the banana for a few times a week. Meanwhile, smaller breeds are only allowed small pieces of bananas.
You can also give small pieces of bananas as treats to your dog. Whenever your dog has some accomplishment or on his best behavior, you can give one as a reward.
Important points to remember
• Avoid feeding your dog with processed food such as banana chips as it may have added preservatives which will only harm your dog.
• Give natural banana instead of recipes containing harmful chemicals and other that are unknown. However, if you really want to bake something for your dog, you can also do so but just make sure that you do not include ingedients that are dangerous to your dog’s well-being like raisins and most nuts.
Banana dog treat with peanut butter recipe
One recipe that you can make for your dog without the fear of being able to harm his health is the combination of banana and peanut butter (yes, it’s safe) in making a dog treat.
You will need:
• 1 banana, peeled and mashed
• 1 cup oat or coconut flour
• 2/3 cup rolled oats or coconut flakes
• ½ cup parsley, dried
• 2 tbsp peanut