Something that I really like from Professor Towns’ courses, is that homework for every chapter was displayed at the beginning of the course. It give me an idea how much work I have to complete every week and check for weeks that may have more homework than others. Also, having the homework at the beginning of the course give students the opportunity to work on it ahead of time.
2. What should be changed or cut out of the class?
Honestly, nothing should be cut out of the class. There are not quizzes, middle or final exam. Then, completing the questions at the end of each chapter, participating in the discussions, and working in the portfolio, is an excellent method of learning the content of the course, without the stress of timed quizzes or exams. …show more content…
Write five new things learned this semester.
1. The Bronfenbrenner model.
2. Maslow’s hierarchy of needs.
3. Diverse strategies that can be used to support and empower families in their children’s development and learning.
4. How to support families through community resources.
5. Understanding families’ goals, values and culture.
4. What assignments did you find beneficial? Why or Why not?
The assignment I didn’t feel beneficial was the Resource Booklet. Even when we were allow to copy and paste the agencies from the Interviews assignment, many agencies change their name or disappears due to the lack of resources. Then, it’s much easier to find any agency through google.
5. Please frankly, write any other comments and suggestions that might improve the course, all input is appreciated.
Child Development courses are very interesting and necessary to understand why children act in the way they do, and to become better educators. However, without the option of online courses, would be very difficult for me to take them.
Thank you for your teaching Professor