Essay on Disney Land in Europe
What are some of the characteristics of multinational enterprises that are displayed by the Walt Disney Company?
• They have to be responsive to different forces of home country and host country at the same time although Euro Disney do not have any big competitor as it was the largest amusement park opened in France but it failed to study accurately external environment, needs and wants of people, culture, price, policies, economic, social and legal issues. They should keep local employees rather brining from foreign countries.
• They draw common pool of resources like financial, information, human both are shared by Euro Disney land with other Disney land’s in the world.
• They link different business partners …show more content…
We can say that it will create monopoly in whole Europe. Easily through rail and train network customers can travel. This will be more profitable to them instead of licensing some other firm to build and operate the park
Question no. 3:
In what way did Euro Disney reflect the strategic philosophy of Walt Disney as a multinational enterprise?
• Euro Disney land was located at an excellent central location on 5000 acres in Europe attracting customers from 7 different countries & target customers for the opening day were 500,000.
• It agreed to build in France because it promise to build a train line which will connect the amusement park to the European train system, so large no of visitors could be attracted.
• Euro Disney officially changed its name to “Disney land Paris”. In such a way it re-positions itself.
• Alcoholic beverages were allowed later on, as European was in the habit of having outing with it.
• For the park to be more appealing to the local visitors “Disneyland Paris” gave a European focus to it.
• Replaced Tomorrowland with Discoveryland, based on themes of Jules, Verne and Leonardo da Vinci. In Disneyland food service were designed to reflect the fable’s