Database Analysis : Database Management Systems Essay
“In the network model, the data are represented by collections of records and relationships between data are represented by links. This structure holds for the hierarchical model as well. The only difference is that, in the hierarchical model, records are organized as collections of trees, rather than as arbitrary graphs.”(http://codex.cs.yale.edu/avi/db-book/db6/appendices-dir/e.pdf, 17-10-2014)
This database model use rules as each child has one parent and each parent can have many children nodes.
• Simple based on Hierarchal structure, the relationships between the layers (parents or child nodes).
• Data Security: the first database model that offered the data security that is provided by the DBMS. DBMS means “Database management systems (DBMSs) are specially designed software applications that interact with the user, other applications, and the database itself to capture and analyze data.”
• Data integrity: because it’s based on the parent child relationship, there is always a link between the parent segment and the child segment under it.
• Efficiency: It is very efficient because when the database contains a large number of 1:n relationship and when the user require large number of transaction.
• It’s very fast to access data at the top
• Large base with a proven technology.
• Implementation complexity: While it is simple and easy to design, it is quite difficult to implement.
• Database Management Problem: If you…