Cyp Core 3.3 –1.1 Outline Current Legislation, Guidelines, Policies and Procedures Within Own Uk Home Nation Affecting the Safeguarding of Children and Young People.
Child Act 1989 -
There has been certain legislation in the United Kingdom along with home policies and procedures that affect the safeguarding of children and young people.
Policies and procedures for safeguarding and child protection in England and Wales are the result of the Children Act 1989 and the Children Act 2004 carried more changes that affected the way the child protection system is structured and organized works here in the United Kingdom and so affecting the safeguarding of children and young people.
Through the protection policies and procedures for …show more content…
* The best place for children to be looked after is within their own homes.
* The welfare of the children is the paramount consideration
* Parent should continue to be involved with their children and any legal proceedings that may concern them and that legal proceedings should be necessary in most instances.
* The welfare of the children should be promoted by partnership between the family and the Local Authority
* Children should not be removed from their family or contact terminated unless it is absolutely necessary to do so.
* The child’s needs arising from race, culture, religion and language must be taken into account.
Child Act 2004 -
The Children Act 1989 was then updated to the Children Act 2004; where it came into force for many reasons starting with the unfortunate case of Victoria Climbie, where she died at the hands of her carers. This death bought about the Laming report in 2003, in common with other inquiries into child death over the years, criticised the approach of protecting children in our society.
The Act forced services for children to start working together along with other things like revised arrangements for sharing information and also creating the local safeguarding children’s boards (LSBC) which they use to review all child deaths in their area as required by the