Curriculum Evaluation Essay
DEFINITION OF EVALUATION Curriculum evaluation is a systematic process of determining whether the curriculum as designed and implemented has produced or is producing the intended and desired results. It is the means of determining whether the program is meeting its goals, that is whether the measures / outcomes for a given set of instructional inputs match the intended or pre-specified outcomes. (Tuckman, 1979)
Types of Evaluation
1. Humanistic approach – goal free
2. Scientific approach – purpose driven
Objectives of Evaluation
1. Scope – (teaching –program-cost effectiveness)
2. Timing – (formative, summative, impact)
3. Method – ( quantitative, qualitative)
4. Level – (classroom, school, national) …show more content…
1. Teacher factor is crucial in the success of the teaching-learning process
2. There is a need to improve the pre-service and in-service training of teachers that should include the development of skills in classroom management, teacher-pupil interaction, and the use of instructional aids, etc.
Monitoring and Evaluation of RBEC
1. Defines what levels of learning students of schools and divisions meet at various stages of the basic education cycle based on the national curriculum.
2. Setting of minimum national standards for capabilities, structures, processes and output based on a template for school improvement processes from planning to implementation to monitoring and evaluation
3. Nationally standardized student assessment, outcomes measurement and reporting of basic school statistics
Presidential Commission on Educational Reform (PCER)
1. Created through E.O. in 1988 to define a budget feasible program of reform, and identify executive priority policy recommendations and items for a legislative agenda on education.
2. Comprised of multi sectoral group
3. Proposed the establishment of National Education Evaluation and Testing System (NEETS) that assumes responsibility for educational assessment of all levels, including technical and skills development
CURRENT TRENDS AND