Cultural Awareness In China

1003 Words 5 Pages
China’s Cultural Awareness The People’s Republic of China is the third largest country in the world and considered the Middle Kingdom. With bordering thirteen countries to include Russia, Mongolia, India, Myanmar, Laos, and Korea. It also borders the Yellow Sea, the South China Sea, and the East China Sea. The People’s Republic of China is composed with many different terrains such as tropical, desert, mountains, plains, and hills. The highest point being Mt. Everest between Tibet and Nepal. The country has two regions which are called Inner China and Outer China. Same is size a majority of the population lives in Inner China and divided by the Great Wall of China. The People’s Republic of China has a variety of species like the panda, …show more content…
92 percent of the population is Han Chinese, the other 8 percent consists of Zhuagn, Uyhgur, Hai, Ye, Tibetan, Miao, Manchu, Mongoi, Buyi, Korean, and others. The main language in the People’s Republic of China is Mandarin Chinese, it is part of Beijing dialect. Modern spoken Chinese replaced the classical language in the 1920s. The writing system has more than six thousand characters that have not changed in thousands of years. It is also an easier written dialect where a Chinese word is written out in Roman characters. The languages of Chinese differ by the sounds. While some minority groups have their own language others include Yue, Wu, Minbei, Minnan, Xiagn, Gan, and …show more content…
Our countries are very different from each other and both foreign to each other in the ways that we both have our own language that can take learning from either side. Though the Chinese culture has so many different ways of communicating and has more to learn when it comes to speaking or writing in their language. When we have had presidents they have had leaders that ruled with violence until many of their deaths. If ever traveling it would be best to research and study the area of destination. The past shows that the People’s Republic of China has weaknesses and has been invaded or conquered many times before, and does not always have the better advantages other countries have obtained through out the

Related Documents