Registration number: 1784212
Course Title: Cost and Financial Management for Project Management
Name of Instructor: Dr. Muhammad Naveed
Submitted on: 21/09/2017
Section: MPM 1C
1. Briefly, explain following; o The economic resources which are claimed by a corporation, company or business are known as an asset. o Liability is a commitment emerging from past occasions, the settlement of which may bring about the exchange or utilization of assets, delivery of services. o When the ownership has an interest in the business it is known as equality. o The cost for which the advantages to be derived is called expenditure. Revenue expenditure and capital expenditure …show more content…
How is Financial Structure of Company different from Project Financing?
Under company finance, in the principal stage of organization, financier searches for business evidence of the idea, however, when it comes to project financing, they search for the anticipated cash flow. The risk of the investor in company finance is much higher compared to project financing. When the company financing risk is higher it means that the return (ROI) are generally higher. Although in project financing the returns are generally lesser due to the lower risk
4. What could be the use of the Balance Sheet for Project Manager?
The balance sheet is a document that provides a quick snapshot of the company’s standing at a given time. Balance sheet consists of assets, liabilities and owners’ equity (Assets =Liabilities +Owners Equity) which highlights the current financial position. It keeps the project manager informed about company’s financial standing. Though the use of the balance sheet, it can be viewed what the company own or what it …show more content…
What is meant by term Value?
Value is the amount of money that can be received for something. It is used to quantify the worth of something. For example, the value of a company can be described in terms of its book value, market value, intrinsic value or actual cash value.
6. Briefly, explain Time Value of Money
Time Value of Money says that a Rupee in your hand today is worth more than the rupee that you are going to get tomorrow or the day later. This is because if you have a rupee in hand, you can put it in the bank get interest on it or invest it in other business and then tomorrow you are going to have more money the one rupee which is, of course, better than having only one rupee. Present discounted value is also considered as TVM.
7. What is Double Entry Book Keeping?
The double entry bookkeeping concept implies that each transaction has two sections and that this will thusly influence two record accounts. The two record accounts are debit entry and credit entry. One record will be debit in light of the fact that it gets value on the same side the other record will be credited on the grounds that it has given value.
8. If a company declared a 40% dividend, what does it