Conflict Style Essay
On the following pages are several pairs of statements describing possible behavioral responses that _Katie__might make when he or she is having a fight or some sort of conflict with you. For each pair, please circle the "A" or "B" statement that is most characteristic of __Katie’s behavior when they has a conflict with you.
In many cases, neither the "A" nor the "B" statement may be very typical of his or her behavior, but please select the response which would seem more like him or her.
CIRCLE either A or B
1. A. There are times when they let me or others take responsibility for solving the problem. B. Rather than negotiate …show more content…
12. A. They sometimes avoid taking positions that would create controversy. B. They let me have some of their positions if they let me have some of mine.
13. A. They propose middle ground. B. They press to get their points made.
14. A. They tell me their ideas and ask me for mine. B. They try to show me the logic and benefits of their position.
15. A. They might try to soothe my feelings and preserve our relationship. B. They try to do what is necessary to avoid tension.
16. A. They try not to hurt my feelings. B. They try to convince me of the merits of their position.
17. A. They are usually firm in pursuing their goals. B. They try to do what is necessary to avoid useless tensions.
18. A. If it makes me happy, they let me maintain my views. B. They let me have some of my positions if I let them have some of theirs.
19. A. They try to get all concerns and issues immediately out in the open. B. They try to postpone the issue until they have had some time to think it over.
20. A. They attempt to immediately work through our differences. B. They try to find a fair combination of gains and losses for both of us.
21. A. In approaching negotiations, they try to be considerate of my