Essay about Communication And The Body Carries
Communication is to marriage as blood is to the body. The blood in the body carries nutrition. The blood carries disease fighters. The blood carries life-giving oxygen. The blood carries away poisons. Good healthy blood is critical for the body; communication is equally as vital for marriage. It is a very high priority! Pray for the gift of communication to come forth in God’s grace to be able to use it effectively. Ask for the Holy Spirit’s help in effective communication.
There are five levels of communication:
(1) CLICHES – Typical, routine, often repeated comments, questions and answers given out of habit and with no real forethought or genuine intent. "How are you?" "Fine." "Having a good day?" "Yes."
(2) EXCHANGE OF FACTS – Information/Statistics about the weather, the office, friends, the news, personal activities, etc. Requires no in depth thinking or feeling.
(3) OPINIONS – Includes concerns, expectations, and personal goals, dreams, and desires. Due to differences of opinion that naturally arise between two people, especially between men and women, this is typically the level at which we run into the "wall of conflict."
(4) FEELINGS – Having gone through the "wall of conflict" via applying the communication skills following, you both feel safe to share your deepest emotions.
(5) NEEDS – The deepest level of communication and intimacy where you feel completely safe to reveal your unique needs with each other. Truly, unless needs are known and…