Student Name: Chee Leong Cheang ID: GEC000007K
Examine the coastal exploration of Australia prior to 1778
1. New Zealand The Great Southern Land
2. Sea was dangerous the winds didn't always blow in the right direction for the sea travel and it was such a long way it was difficult to bring enough food and water.
3. Great southern land is a single released by the Australia rock band iceberg. Peaking at number five on the Australia singles chart. It was later featured in the 1988 Yahoo serious film yong Einstein. The USA Version was made in 1989 for the movie.
4. Captain James was a seaman in the Royal Navy and was also an astronomer.
5. Astronomer mathematician cartography and photographer seaman. …show more content…
Between 1778 and 1868 about 162000 convicts were transported by the British government to various penal colonies in Australia. The British government began transporting convicts overseas to Australia colonies in the early 17th century.
2. Some of the convict were accused of foud related crime and investment The that of animal and punching. Some other camel machine breaking due to the industrial revolution cause traditional agriculture. Laboures and cottage industry worker out of work . A significant number were palition prisoners. For these people who committed serious crimes such as rape and murder were punished by death and were not transported to Australia.
3. Type of penisment the indicted on the convicts included fifty hostages by cat o nine fall as a common punishment. Same convicts snatched in anble irons or claims anal they were know as clams gangs. They were also forced to do back breaking were labour and work on roads. For there convicts soused were trouble in Australia they were more indicted penal colonies or prison. Pulisment is were at reasoned piaces. Convicts could even get executed if they tried to …show more content…
The gold rush
2. In 1851, Edward Hargreaves discover a grain of gold in a waterhole near Bathurst. The discovery marked the beginning of the Australia gold rushes and a radical change in the economic and social fabric of the nation. A complete mental madness appears to have seized almost every number of the community. There has been a universal rush to the diggings.
3. 1849 The Gold Rush
Gold was discovered in Australia in the mid-1800s. This has attached now immigrants. Australia population rose from 373000 in 1849 to more than two million in 1878.
4. In 1852 alone, 370000 immigrants arrived in Australia and the economy of the nation boomed. The rush was well and truly on Victoria contributed more then one third of the worlds gold output in the 1850s and in just two years the sates population had grown from 72000 to 540000.
5. The gold rush 1849, the Europa Stockade 1854, Ned Kelly the bush ranger 1880, the forming of the Federation 1923.
6. In 1849, the events in Australia is the Gold Rush. Many new immigrants come to Australia to find Gold. In the mid- 1800s, there is an important event named The Euroka Stockade. This was an armed attack by a gold miner in barrant. Australia who agains the British colonial