Clark Faucet Company Essays
The critical issues in the case can be summarized as follows:
1. The marketing department is pressured to introduce new product in the market within a very short span of time to rush for the next trade show
2. The engineering department is loaded with too much work (375 current projects) and pressured from new product request with tight deadline from marketing department
3. Time and resources are wasted for the unclear and changing specification or …show more content…
Strategically speaking, top management will be employing the Hoshin Planning Model. It’s a strategic planning method created in the 1950’s in Japan by Professor Kaoru Ishikawa that identifies and implements strategic goals with Total Quality Control in mind.
The goals of this planning model are as follows:
- Focus on a shared goal
- Communicate that goal to all leaders
- Involve all leaders in planning to achieve the goal
- Hold participants accountable for achieving their part of the plan
With the Hoshin Planning Model, each individual would know how his or her function and result/outcome fits into the overall strategy of the organization. This model provides a way of communicating the direction of the organization to all levels of the organization and provides a method for controlling outcome. It also helps in aligning the entire organization in a common direction.
The steps that were outlined in the Lewis Change Management Model are aligned with the steps in the Hoshin Planning Model and these are:
1. Identify the key business issues facing the organization.
2. Establish measurable business objectives that address these issues.
3. Define the overall vision and goals.
4. Develop supporting strategies for pursuing the goals.
5. Determine the tactics and objectives that facilitate each strategy.
6. Implement performance measures