Essay on Cis 246 Week 4 Ilab 4 Exploring Data Storage and Printers
iLab 4 of 7: Exploring Data Storage and Printers
Submit your assignment to the Dropbox located on the silver tab at the top of this page.
(See the Syllabus section “Due Dates for Assignments & Exams” for due date information.)
Connect to the iLab here.
Scenario and Summary
• Before beginning work, connect to your virtual lab platform (Skillsoft / Element K).
• You will explore data storage and set up a printer.
You may find this resource helpful as you prepare to complete the lab.
• Printer and Data Storage …show more content…
6. Click Next.
7. Leave the default at Full server (recommended) and click Next.
8. Click Next.
Insert a screenshot into your lab report showing drive D: (#3).
1. Click Cancel. (In most real-world installations, we use Hyper-V to install a virtual server and then simply copy the virtual server to a backup location.)
TASK 2: Share Printers
STEP 1: Share the Printer on the Server
Back to Top
1. In Server Manager, add the Print Services role. On the Select Role Services dialog box, leave the default of Print Server. As you did with the other roles, click Install and Close. Now you are going to install a printer.
2. In the Control Panel double-click Printers.
3. In the right panel double-click Add Printer.
4. Click Add a local printer.
5. Click the option for Create a new port, and select Standard TCP/IP Port and click Next.
6. Change the Device type to TCP/IP Device. Obviously, we have no physical print device, so the IP address isn’t important. For the IP address, type “192.168.1.30.” Important: Uncheck Query the printer and automatically select the driver to install. If you don’t do this, you will be waiting a long time. In the real world, you wouldn’t uncheck it if you knew the drivers existed in the