Christians Are Finding It More And More Difficult Essay
1. Christians are finding it more and more difficult to evangelize. A. Consider the typical responses Christians give to this problem.
1. “I just do not know how to talk with people about Jesus.” 2. “People are not interested in Christianity anymore.” 3. “God is no longer respected or feared by anyone.” 4. “It is not my job to evangelize; it is the preacher’s.”
B. Regardless of the problems with these answers, we see the effect of the attitudes which underlie the responses. 1. Congregations across the world are shrinking. 2. Genuine Christianity is becoming obscure and unnoticed. 3. Souls are rapidly being lost.
2. In these unfortunate circumstances, we should re-evaluate our soul-saving strategies.
A. Our door-knocking campaigns and gospel meetings are no longer effective.
B. Our tracts, pamphlets, and brochures are not accomplishing their task.
C. Radio programs and television shows have limited reach.
D. The Bible, however, continues to have the best soul-saving strategies.
3. While many passages consider evangelism, this series of lessons will look at the gospels themselves. A. The gospels all use different approaches to evangelize. B. The gospels all apply their approaches in different ways. C. The gospels all admonish us to use their approaches.
4. This series will scrutinize these points and show us why we should use the writer’s strategies for saving souls today.
I. The writers. A. Each of the gospel writers came from different…