1. Do some Internet research on Chevron’s use of seismic imaging technology? Briefly explain how it works and how it has helped Chevron discover new oil and gas reservoirs.
Seismic waves are used to study earthquakes. Seismic imaging technology is widely used to explore underground oil and gas reservoirs by sending sound waves by ultrasensitive device, geophones which detect the appropriate location of oil and gas. This technology is successful in tapping the locations for oil drilling and especially useful for challenging geographic locations.
Chevron’s proprietary seismic tool helps the scientists to detect oil reservoirs. Chevron success rate bounced top 66% …show more content…
Discuss the pros and cons of moving enterprise-wide applications that have traditionally been supported on premises to the cloud.
The enterprises are moving data to cloud and there are added advantages and disadvantages of implementing cloud in the system.
• It is cost effective because there is a saving of huge sum because there is investment in hardware infrastructure and software licenses, just require to pay a fee for the metered service, thereby IT cost is reduced
• The applications can be accessed from any location at any time of the day, thus it improves the efficiency and productivity of the enterprise
• Back up are automated, so no threat to data on cloud
• The services can be used by the enterprises without owning them. Cons:
• Threat to sensitive data so before settling for cloud service provider, find out the methods been adopted by them for the data …show more content…
Do some Internet research on identify management and single sign on systems. Briefly explain how these work and why they are important in business intranets and extranets. Identity management is the management of individual identities, their authentication, authorization, and roles within system with an aim to increase the integrity and efficiency while reducing cost and repetition of tasks. The identify management and single sign on system has many advantages. It is inexpensive and secure as users can access through SaaS application. The user don’t need to sign on repeatedly for accessing different enterprise applications. It facilitates biometric authentication. It consolidates user ids and passwords and it’s easy for the IT departments to audit how these being used in the system. It reduces cost and increases productivity.
5. Why is it increasing most important for a CIO or IT executive who oversees geographically distributed enterprise networks to be business