Chess As A Competitive Strategic Game Essay
Step 1: Board Preparation
1. To begin place the pieces in their correct positions. The pawns go in the second row on your side of the board. They go in all eight squares in the second row.
2. Rooks will go in the first row corners on your side of the board. They belong in the first row in the 1st and 8th columns.
3. Knights will be placed next. Knights belong in the first row in the 2nd and 7th columns. They are placed in the squares next to the Rooks.
4. Bishops will be placed in the squares next to the Knights. Knights will be placed in the 3rd and 6th column.
5. Queens are placed next to one of the Bishops. They are placed on either the 4th or the 5th column in the first column. If you are on the darker color team they will be placed on the lighter color square and vice versa for the lighter color team.
6. Finally the King will be placed in-between the Queen and a Bishop. It will be placed on either the 4th or 5th column in the first row. If you are on the darker color team the king will be placed on the darker color, and vice versa for the lighter color team.
Step 2: Understanding the Pieces
NOTE: Images of all pieces movements will be…