Characteristics Of Shoulder Impingement In The Recreational Athletic Performance
The participants would go through a series of shoulder exercises to see the differences between their ranges of motion. This study is very similar to the workout program the participants did for this particular program. (2) We see in The relationship between Exercise selection and reported Shoudler Pain During Weight Training, by Corrao, that the types of exercises you do can also affect your shoulders in negative ways. If you have a previous shoulder injury, you may want to stay clear of exercise machines that could start up and old injury. Being smart and not overworking your shoulder are some of the ways you will be able to prevent shoulder injuries. …show more content…
The different shoulder movements we will be doing are flexion, extension, abduction, adduction, external rotation, internal rotation, scapular elevation, scapular retraction, shoulder protraction and overhead flexion.
• The first exercise helped with flexion and scapular protraction. This exercise was the reverse grip bench press. The did 3 sets of 10-15 reps, increasing the weight each set.
• Next the focus was on shoulder extension with single arm bent over dumbbell rows. They did 3 sets of 10-12 reps, increasing the weight each set.
• The next exercise was lateral dumbbell shoulder raises. This focuses on abduction and external rotation. 3 sets of 10, increase weight each set.
• Next was cable crossovers. This helped with internal rotation and abduction. 3 sets of 10, increase weight each set.
• Next was dumbbell shrugs 3 sets of 10, increasing weight each set. This exercise helped with scapular elevation and retraction.
• For overhead flexion the participants did dumbbell pullovers. This provided a nice stretch to the shoulder muscle while also strengthening it. 3x10. Stay the same weight each set and focus on stretching the