Chapter 9 New-Product Development and Product Life-Cycle Strategies
1) What are the two ways that a company can obtain new products?
A) line extension and brand management
B) internal development and brand management
C) new-product development and acquisition
D) service development and product extension
E) market mix modification and research and development
Diff: 2 Page Ref: 258
2) Product improvements, product modifications, and original products can all be classified as ________.
A) pioneer products
B) new products
C) product concepts
D) product ideas
E) test products
Diff: 1 Page Ref: 258
3) Which of the following is NOT …show more content…
B) idea screening
C) concept development
D) concept testing
E) test marketing
Diff: 1 Page Ref: 259
7) Executives, manufacturing employees, and salespeople are all examples of ________.
A) external sources for new-product ideas
B) internal sources for new-product ideas
C) core members of innovation management systems
D) research and development team members
E) new-product committee members
Diff: 2 Page Ref: 260
8) Your company decides to use internal sources for developing new product ideas. Which of the following would NOT be consulted?
A) executives and professionals
B) company records and data
C) intrapreneurial programs
Diff: 1 Page Ref: 260
9) Which of the following is perhaps the most important external source of new-product ideas?
D) trade magazines, shows, and seminars
E) distributors and suppliers
Diff: 2 Page Ref: 261
10) Which of the following is NOT a recommended method for companies to tap into their customers as sources