Chapter 7 Solutions Essay
1. You have just installed a new disk on a Windows Server 2008 server. Which of the following do you do first to prepare the disk for use? Answer: a. partition the disk
2. The _____ partition or volume contains the operating system files, such as the files in the \Windows folder. Answer: boot
3. You have just upgraded from Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2008. Now you are trying to recover a set of databases that you backed up on DVDs in Windows Server 2003 before you started the upgrade, but the Windows Server Backup tool gives you an error message. What is the problem? Answer: c. The Windows Server Backup tool is not compatible with backups made from the Windows Server …show more content…
10. Which of the following can you restore from the Windows Server Backup tool? (Choose all that apply.) Answer: a. the backup catalog, b. volumes, c. folders, and d. the operating system
11. How much free space must you have on a basic disk to convert it to a dynamic disk? Answer: At least 1 MB of free space is needed.
12. You have decided to shrink a 250 GB disk to change 130 GB of that disk to unallocated space. However, the shrinking process only results in 98 GB of unallocated space. What would have caused the smaller portion of unallocated space? Answer: c. The shrinking process encountered a file that cannot be moved and had to stop early.
13. You have spent the morning archiving old files to DVDs and then deleting those files as a way to get back some disk space. Also, you’ve recovered some archived financial files to prepare for the auditor’s visit. After you finish, you notice that the server seems to run slower. What should you do Answer: b. Start the Disk Defragmenter to defrag