Chapter 2 study guide Essay
2. What is the most ancient philosophy in China? The most ancient philosophy accepted in China is called Dao which was the appreciation of a balanced life without excess of anything.
PATTERNS IN CLASSICAL CHINA
3. What kind of things would cause or signal a dynasties decline? Some things that would cause a dynasties decline …show more content…
10. Though Qin Shi Huangdi did things to improve upon the Zhou, what caused this to be such a short lived dynasty? Although many improvements were made upon the Zhou Dynasty, Shi frequently had high taxes to support military and construction expansion. Shi also killed and punished many men which after Shi had died many outraged peasants revolted destroying the Qin Dynasty.
11. What things were centralized under the government? Some things that became centralized under government rule were things such as estates and the southern expansions.
12. How did Wu Ti make sure he had the best government bureaucrats? Wu Ti insured he had the best government bureaucrats by expanding the power of bureaucrats heavily.
13. How did the Chinese get things done? Did they have slaves? The Chinese finished things such as the great wall by using forced labor by conscripting citizens into the work project.
14. Describe the extent, importance and legacy of the Chinese bureaucracy.