Change Management Plan Essay
Change Management Plan
Prepared by: Donnell Brown
Table of Contents
1. Introduction 1 1.1 Purpose 1 1.2 Change Management Planning 1 1.3 Principles of Change Management 1 1.4 Translating Change Management Principles into a Structured Approach 2 1.5 References 2 1.5.1 External References 2
1.5.2 Project Centralized Repository Document 3
1.6 Glossary and Acronyms 3 1.7 Document Maintenance 3
2. Change Management Participants Roles and Responsibilities 3 2.1 Change Manager 3 2.2 Lead Change Evaluator 4 2.3 Change Management Team Members 4 2.4 Change Management Stakeholder 5 2.5 …show more content…
2 Change Management Planning
Change management planning encompasses all the activities an organization needs to successfully accept and adopt new business models, strategies and the new technologies for supporting them. Understanding and effectively implementing change allows transformation of strategy, business process, technology, and people into achieving performance and enhancing continual improvement in a dynamically changing environment. A structured approach to change management is critical for any project which brings about significant change.
3 Principles of Change Management
A principled approach to communicating and implementing change fosters openness and trust which ultimately improves the project’s chances of success. Key underlying change management principles are:
• Committed project sponsorship – change management objectives have the support and resources of key decision makers within the organization.
• Effective project planning – planning is structured and methodical and all plans are agreed to with regard to change management objectives, roles, and resources.
• Measurable objectives – change management objectives are realistic and measurable and progress toward their achievement is shared