Cell Biology Final Essay
1. The feature that most clearly separates eukaryotes from prokaryotes is the presence of _______ in eukaryotic cells. A) ribosomes B) oxidative phosphorylation C) DNA molecules -D) a nucleus
2. Cytoplasmic organelles are
- A) absent in prokaryotic cells; present in eukaryotic cells. B) present in both prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells. C) present in prokaryotic cells; absent in eukaryotic cells. D) absent in both prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells.
3. Eukaryotic chromosomes contain _______ DNA molecules. A) single linear B) single circular -C) multiple linear D) …show more content…
31. Arabidopsis thaliana is a model organism for studying the molecular biology of A) fruit flies. B) fungi. C) plants. D) vertebrates.
32. Drosophila melanogaster was the organism of choice for the study of A) the process of fertilization. B) the process of cell aggregation to form a multicellular organism. C) DNA replication. D) animal genetics.
33. Studies on which experimental organism led to the discovery of the gene controlling development of the animal body plan? A) Dictyostelium discoideum B) Drosophila melanogaster C) Xenopus laevis D) Mice
34. Which fish is proving to be a useful model organism for the study of vertebrate development? A) Salmon B) Goldfish C) Zebrafish D) Guppy
35. Compared to humans, E. coli has about a thousand times less DNA. A) True B) False
36. E. coli typically divides every two hours in good culture conditions. A) True B) False
37. Yeasts are simple eukaryotes. A) True B) False
38. Dictyostelium is a unicellular amoeba that can aggregate to form a simple multicellular organism. A) True B) False
39. Caenorhabditis elegans is an important organism for the study of