Case Study Essay
Chapter 1: Foundations of Information Systems in Business
1. How do information technologies contribute to the business success of the companies depicted in the case?
The information technologies contribute to the business success of the companies through immediate responds, first to the needs of the customers on how the company will satisfy each and every customers and the monitoring of the fast changing trends in business through the use of information technology with the company’s respective strategies to meet the customer’s satisfaction.
2. The Bryan Cave law firm used BI technology to improve the availability, access, and presentation of existing information; this allowed them to provide …show more content…
I would advise Megan Duckett to continue the use of Information Technologies to promote their service and walk-in with the latest trends of information system to be more competitive and efficient in their service.
3. How could the use of information technology help a small business you know be more successful? Provide examples to support your answer.
A pastries and pasalubong shop, using information technologies to sell products in other places. It will help the business to maximize their potential to be more successful in their business.
Chapter 2: Competing with Information Technology
CASE I: FedEx Corporation: Investing in IT for Competitive Advantage
1. How do the IT investment strategies and focus of FedEx and its main competitor UPS differ? Which company has the better strategy? Why?
The IT investment strategies and focus of FedEx is more advance than UPS, the difference of the FedEx strategy is FedEx less focused on operational technology but more on revenue-generating, customer satisfaction, and strategic advantage technology while UPS focuses on operations and the bottom line.
2. Is FedEx’s “move, communicate, and shoot” IT strategy a good one for its competitive battle with UPS? Why or why not? Is it a good model of competitive IT strategy for other types