Case Study Of Bata Bangladesh
Rubber and print footwear gives 48% of capacity, leather footwear gives 30% and plastic footwear gives for 22% of capacity. In value terms, leather footwear gives to 58% to earnings, Rubber and print footwear gives 27%, plastic footwear gives for 12% of total earnings. Accessories, garments, etc account for 3% of earnings. Bata manufactures around 50% of its footwear in their own factories, where as the rest is taken from the outsiders. Whereas all the plastic footwear is outsourced, in leather firm manufactures 63% of the footwear in-house and in rubber and print footwear, 61% is manufactured in-house.
Bata Bangladesh retail market size is approximately BDT 15 billion and expected to be expanding at 20% per year, going through newspaper reports. Bata currently have the benefit of around 30% of the market share with net revenue of BDT 4.6 billion. Bata Bangladesh has maintained a good brand image since they starts its operation in Bangladesh in 1962. With 150million people in Bangladesh, demand for quality footwear is high. Now a day, 90% demand for footwear is met by the local companies. The industry is fragmented with millions of small shoe manufacturing companies that produce footwear in small …show more content…
So before introduction this product in the market SWOT analysis can be carrying out. SWOT ANALYSIS: Strengths:
• Image of the Product
• Quality Product
• Make different procession of products
• Competitive Pricing
• Well-built distribution channel
• Modern manufacturing facilities
• Brand loyalty at mass level Weaknesses:
• Not enough promotional activities
• Bata at present conducts all the store management activity manually. This outcome lots of lengthy paper works, mistake & waste of time.
• Failure to take the present trend in time
• Less competitive price due to high cost construction.
• VAT & tax barrier Opportunities:
• Customer like differentiated products. They like to shop in a store where they provide the whole family.
• Further competition results in more campaign for products.
• Business increase in Shoe care products
• Make use of outsourcing especially the synergy sources to attain competitive pricing
• Franchisee chance with global brands like Nike, Reebok, Hush Puppy
• Market development opportunity in high fashion & value for money footwear market for all categories of shoes through Retail & WCSM channels