Climate Study: Climate Change

1410 Words 6 Pages
Climate Study
IEGD 210
Surya Raut
Dr. Helene Krauthammer

Climate Change

Various activities can cause climate change in the world. When climate change occurs; temperatures can increase a dramatically. When the temperature rises, many different variations can happen on the Earth. For instance, it can result in more floods, storms, droughts, or intense rain, landslides as well as more severe and persistent heat waves. Oceans and glaciers have likewise encountered a few changes: oceans are warming and winding up more acidic, glaciers are melting, and ocean levels are rising. As these changes regularly happen in future decades, they will probably present difficulties to our general public and environment.
…show more content…
It is the uncommonly fast increment in the Earth's average surface temperature over the past time primarily because of the greenhouse gases released as individuals burn fossil fuels. Global warming is because of the enhancing greenhouse gases emission and build-up in the Earth's environment. The gasses that have an impact on the atmosphere are water vapor, carbon dioxide, dinitrogen-oxide, and methane. Very nearly 30 percent of incoming sunlight is reflected back into space by bright surfaces like clouds and ice. In the other 70 percent, most are consumed by the land and ocean, and the rest is absorbed by the atmosphere. The absorbed solar energy heats our planet. This retention and radiation of heat by the atmosphere is helpful for life on Earth. Today, the climate contains more greenhouse gas molecules, so more of the infrared energy emitted by the surface ends up being consumed by the environment. By increasing the concentration of greenhouse gases, we are making Earth's atmosphere a more efficient greenhouse. Climate has cooled and warmed all through the Earth history for different reasons. Fast warming like we see today is strange ever. A portion of the factors that affect climates, such as volcanic eruptions and changes in the amount of solar energy, is natural. The environment can change if there is a change in the amount of solar energy that gets to the Earth. Volcano eruption can genuinely affect climate because when it erupts, it spews out more than just lava and ash. Volcanoes release tiny particles made of sulfur dioxide into the environment. These particles get into the stratosphere and reflect solar radiation back out to space. Snow and ice likewise significantly affect the atmosphere. Whenever snow and ice melt Earth's climate warms, less energy is reflected, and this causes considerably all the more warming. There are various ways that plants, creatures, and other

Related Documents