Essay on Case Analysis : River Woods Plant Manager
RIVER WOODS PLANT MANAGER
CRITICAL ISSUES AND PROBLEMS
1. The displacement of Edgemont employees from their current positions to new positions in the River Woods Facility, and dealing with the inevitable concerns and complaints from employees in a small country town who are unsettled by the new plans.
2. Identifying a suitable person to fill the position of a General Manager for the River Woods Facility who can manage the change from Edgemont Plant to the River Woods Facility and into the future.
3. The introduction of a new form of automated production process, not previously seen in appliance manufacturing is incredibly risky. If the new process is incorporated into production successfully it will ensure the long-term survival of this venture.
4. Retraining staff to cope with new production methods.
5. The introduction of a new decentralised management structure where the General Manager is responsible for an increased span of control.
OPTIONS TO RESOLVE CRITICAL ISSUES AND PROBLEMS
The displacement of Edgemont employees from their current positions to new positions in the River Woods Facility and dealing with the inevitable complaints from employees in a small country town who are unsettled by the new plans.
One concern for the Heritage Appliance Company management to address is that by closing the Edgemont facility and moving staff to other plants, they are essentially breaking down the existing team. With the breakdown of this team comes a breakdown…