Career Exploration Of Career : Career Essay
The career I have chosen is Financial Analyst.
DESCRIPTION OF CAREER
Flood stated, “Financial Analysts provide guidance to businesses and individuals who are making investment decisions.” They assess the performance of stocks, bonds, and other types of investment. They also provide financial analysis and accounting support, and assist management teams by developing performance reports and metrics for use in long-term, annual, and quarterly planning.
Being a Financial Analyst requires a lot of different skills. The following skills are required to be a successful financial analyst.
• Analytical skills o Processes a range of information in finding profitable investments.
• Communication skills o Must explain recommendations to clients in clear language that clients can understand.
• Computer skills o Must be adept to using software packages to analyze financial data, see trends, create portfolios, and make forecasts.
• Decision-making skills o Must provide a recommendation to buy, sell, or hold a security.
• Detail oriented o Must pay attention to details when reviewing possible investments.
• Math skills o Use when estimating the value of financial securities.
TRAINING AND EDUCATION
Most financial analyst positions require a bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, economics, finance, or any related field. To obtain a higher(advanced) position, many employers will require a master’s degree in business…