Business environment Essay
4. List of tables and diagrams
1. Table I - China's GDP growth eases to 7.8% in 2012
2. Table II- Economic Growth in China 1990-2010
3. Table III - Historic inflation China (CPI)-full term
4. Table IV - Cultural analysis- China
5. Table V - 2012 SuperGroup Plc Financial Highlights
6. Table VI – Supply and Demand curve
17. In this Business Environment report, my objective for SuperGroup plc is expanding the market to China by using the political, economic, social and technological (PEST analysis) to identify the external and internal opportunities for increasing the …show more content…
60. The population of China is 1,358,386,574 in 2013. Thus, China is the largest population country in the world. Moreover, the age structures of China population are 17.4% of 0 to 14 years old, 16.1% of 15 to 24 years field, 46.5% of 25-54 years old and the remaining 20% in 55 to 65 years old.
65. Table IV - Cultural analysis- China
67. Based in this table, we can get a good overview of the deep drivers of Chinese culture relative to UK cultures with 5-D Model.
a.i. Power distance
69. The PDI is 80 in China which means its society accepts inequalities amongst people. People are influenced by sanctions and formal authority individually. People not allowed having ambitions beyond their rank.
70. The score of individual only is 20. It is apparent China is a highly collectivist culture where people act in the interests of the group and not necessarily of themselves.
71. The masculine scores 66 which means China tends to be successful. It can be demonstrated Chinese people will sacrifice family and leisure priorities to work.
a.ii. Uncertainty avoidance
72. In this aspect, it only has low score, 30, in China. The Chinese are satisfied with ambiguity; the Chinese language is full of equivocal meanings that