Booker T Dubois Research Paper
-Literacy test urged the blacks to become educated so they could vote.
Body Paragraph 2: Topic sentence: Though Booker T. Washington was content, W.E.B. Du Bois was not. He wanted three things: the right to vote, civic equality, and the education of youth according to ability.
- The Niagara Movement (a black civil rights organization founded in 1905 by a group led by W. E. B. Du Bois and William Monroe Trotter.)
- Only wants those three things for blacks
- 10 percent rule. The highest class of blacks should be able to live in …show more content…
- W.E.B. Du Bois, in his search for a solution to the American racial dilemma, voiced educational philosophies that provided an interesting opposite to those preached by his intellectual counterpart, Booker T. Washington. Du Bois' educational background was very different from Washington's
Body Paragraph 3: Topic sentence: Booker T. Washington was satisfied with America, for the country gave him freedom; however education was still important
- Industrial education for the Negro is Booker T. Washington’s hobby
- Does this mean that the Negro objects to industrial education? By no means
- Atlanta Address of 1895. Too many politicians and the public in general, he was seen as a popular spokesman for African-American citizens.
- Washington contributed secretly and substantially to legal challenges against segregation and disfranchisement of blacks. In his public role, he believed he could achieve more by skillful accommodation to the social realities of the age of