Biag Ni Lam-Ang Essay
● The epic used simple words that makes it easy to understand.
● The epic is unrealistic in the ff. parts of the epic:
1. Lam-ang was able to talk from the moment he was born.
2. So much dirt and so much evil was the smell taken of Lam-ang’s body, the fish in the river all died.
3. The white rooster’s crow made a house in the neighborhood immediately collapsed.
4. The dog’s growl made the collapsed house went up again as if nothing happened.
5. With the recovered and gathered bones of Lam-ang, he lived again.
● The part – Lam-ang was nine months old and his father had not yet returned, he resolved to go after his father and travelled – is confusing as he was only nine months old, he was …show more content…
● The white rooster told Ines that if Lam-ang’s bones were recovered and collected, he might be revived. With Marcos’ help, Lam-ang’s bones were collected. Through the ministrations of the rooster, the dog, and Ines, Lam-ang lived again.
● Don Juan Panganiban – the father of Lam-ang; the husband of Namongan
● Lam-ang – the main character in the epic
● Sumarang – the suitor of Ines Kannoyan; the rival of Lam-ang
●Marcos – the diver who helped in collecting the bones of Lam-ang
● Namongan – the mother of Lam-ang
● Ines Kannoyan – the daughter of the richest main in Kalanutian; the girl who Lam-ang fell in love with
● Igorots – slewed by Lam-ang for celebrating the death of his father
● Lam-ang’s women friends – gave Lam-ang a bath upon his return to Nalbuan
● Lam-ang’s companions – aboard a vessel of gold with Lam-ang
● Parents of Ines Kannoyan – bestowed the hands of their daughter to Lam-ang
● Lam-ang has great love for his father – When his father still has not yet returned, he resolved to go after his father; When he dreamed of Igorots celebrating the death of his father, he woke up in anger, believing his dreams to be true and travelled faster.