Bcom 275 Complete Course Material Essay
BCOM 275 Week 1 Individual Exercise 1.1
Complete exercise 1.1 from Ch. 1 of Communicating in the Workplace.
Choose two misunderstandings you experienced and fill out the chart for these.
Respond to questions 1 and 2 shown under the chart for each example of a misunderstanding. In your response, include the following:
• Cite a meaningful misunderstanding rather than a general or less material misunderstanding.
• Use business- or work-related examples rather than personal ones.
Identify the roles of the sender and receiver, such as manager, peer, subordinate, client, vendor, and so forth. BCOM 275 week 2 Individual Assignment …show more content…
BCOM 275 week 4 Individual Assignment Knowing Your Audience Paper and Communication Release
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper using this and other articles as a resource. Because communications must be designed with the audience in mind, answer the following questions: • What are some considerations to remember given the different roles and people in the audience?
• What would be the potential needs of the families of the miners in receiving a message about this incident?
• What would be the potential needs of the company’s employees when receiving a message about this incident?
• What actions must you take before and after the message is delivered to ensure that it was received as intended? Format the paper consistent with APA guidelines. Draft two communications from the mining company announcing the accident, using what you have learned about the audience and effective messages. One communication should be directed to the families of the trapped miners and the other as an internal news release to employees in the company. For both, identify the most appropriate channel—face-to-face, e-mail, video, memo, and so on.