Type your answers SINGLE SPACED below each question, save, and upload your assignment.
1. Chapter 9: List and define the FOUR parenting styles AND explain how each has been shown to affect children.
• The authoritarian parenting style is restrictive, places firm boundaries on the child, and does not allow children to have much to say in decision. This parenting style affects children in a negative way; they tend to feel unhappy, anxious and fearful.
• The authoritative parenting style encourages children to be independent thinkers and gives them choices among a defined set a boundaries (both highly demanding and responsive). This parenting style affect children in a positive way: they tend to have self-control, self- …show more content…
7. Chapter 10: Explain the benefits and barriers of going to college in adulthood.
• Barriers one may face would be the cost of higher education; one must consider the amount of debt they would want to incur. For students who do not qualify for financial assistance needs to set goals and plans on how they will pay their ways through college.
• The benefit of going to college in adulthood is the economic and social gains. While going to college certain individuals may be able to qualify for financial assistance
8. Chapter 10: Discuss the current trends in marriage and living as a single adult.
• Today, couples are more likely to build separate lives as a single adult, preparing them for their future careers, and then decide to marry later in life. In addition, more couples are living together before marriage. Marriage can potentially decrease stress for both spouses, because it is a mean to provide social support. Sometimes living as a single adult can get lonely and have individuals feels hopeless. Having that genuine partner by your side to express your emotions with is good for your mental